Setting up your time clock correctly will ensure that not only are your records accurate but that you can make sure your records meet your payroll requirements as well. You’ll find all of the time clock options in the DigiQuatics Settings (gear icon).
It is recommended that you begin by enabling the GPS requirement for clocking in and out. In the settings menu, select Locations, Pools, Slides, and Groups and then edit your location(s) and enter the street address(es).
You can verify the address for GPS clicking “Location pin not exact?” and manually move the exact location if needed (for instance, at an apartment complex where the pool is far away from the address).
You can also adjust the GPS sensitivity for areas with poor cellular or WiFi coverage. Simply click Save, and your new location will be verified. NOTE: Employees will still be able to clock in / out if they are not on site, but it will flag the entry on the Time Clocks page.
If an employee declines location services on their mobile device, it will also flag the time clock entry.
Additional settings include:
- “Requires Shift to Clock In” requires that the employee have a shift on the schedule on that day to be allowed to clock in. Otherwise, they will not be able to clock in and their time will have to be manually entered by an admin later.
- Rounding and interval options are also available for clocking in and clocking out so that the time clock reflects your agency’s policies. Start by using the Clock In Rounding Interval and Clock Out Rounding Interval to choose to record the actual time or closest 5, 10 or 15 minute interval. For example, a clock in or out at 1:07 could be recorded as 1:07 (actual time), 1:05 (5 minute interval), 1:10 (10 minute interval) or 1:15 (15 minute interval).Then, use the Clock In Rounding Direction and Clock Out Rounding Direction to choose the closest interval, round up, or round down.
- You can create a parameter that limits how early or late an employee can clock out around his shift. This will prevent an employee from clocking in too soon before a shift begins or clocking out too long after a shift ends.
- You can also customize options regarding how your time clock exports to Microsoft Excel for payroll purposes. Some options include:
- Overtime automatically calculated for hours over 40 in a calendar week.
- Affirmation text for the employee signing the time sheet. Default is: “I affirm that the hours listed above are an accurate record of my time worked during this pay period.”
- Signature Line 1 Text. Default is: “Employee Signature”
- Signature Line 2 Text. Default is: “Manager Signature”.
Example: Grouped Export
Example: Ungrouped Export
Finally, you will see your unique URL for a time clock portal. For more information on using the DigiQuatics Time Clock Portal, check out this article